Prof. Alessandro Natali was born in Empoli (Florence, Italy). After having graduated from Classical High School, he attended Medical School in University of Florence (Italy) and was graduated as MD in 1981 discussing his thesis with Prof. Alfiero Costantini, the Director of Department of Urology of the University of Florence (Italy).
In 1981 he completed his required six-month internship in Urology. On July 11st 1984 he obtained his Postgraduate Degree in Urology at the Urology Postgraduate Department of the University of Florence, with the highest grade and with “cum laude”. From July 1981 to November 1989 he attended to Department of Urology of the University of Florence (Italy) as Volunter In house Doctor.
Since 1984 Prof. Alessandro Natali developed his clinic and scientific interest in Sexual and Reproductive Medicine.
ASSIGNEMENTS AND POSITIONS COVERED WITHIN ITALIAN PUBLIC-UNIVERSITY BODY
Since 1984 and currently Prof. Alessandro Natali is the Director of the
Uro-Andrological Center at the Department of Urology–University of Florence (Italy).
Since 1984 he carried out an intense clinical activity, in the hospital ward and in the operating room at Department of Urology. From the same year he also continuously works as uro-andrological consultant at Gynaecologic and Endocrinologic Department of the University of Florence (Italy).
Since 1985 Alessandro Natali is a professor in Official Course “Urology and Andrology" at:
*Medical School of University of Florence (Italy)
*Postgraduate School of Urology, Gynaecology, Endocrinology and Psychology of University of Florence (Italy)
*Postgraduate Courses in “Medical Sexology”of University of Florence and Siena (Italy).
* International Institute of Sexology of Florence (Italy).
* European Institute of Sexology of Florence (Italy).
Prof. Alessandro Natali regarding Male Infertility attended, as “Resident”, the more prestigious European Universities.
In 1984 he obtained a Postgraduate Degree in “Physiopathology of Reproduction” at “Academish Ziekenhul Vrije Univeriteit Brussel Department of Sterility” of University of Brussel (Belgium) to Prof. Robert Schoysman a pioneer of Assisted Fertilization. Here Prof. Alessandro Natali learned to do In Vitro Fertilizationand Embryon Tranfer techniques (IVFET). Since 1984 and regularly he makes full-immersion periods as resident to IVFET/ICSI Centers of University of Brussel, Antwerp and Amsterdam, performing testicular microsurgery operations (MESA,TESE,TEFNA).
Prof. Alessandro Natali regarding Sexual and Reproductive Medicine (Male Infertility and Erectile Dysfunction) attended, as “Resident”, the more prestigious American Universities.
In 1998 he was as resident at “Sexual Medicine Center” of University of Louisiana (USA) to Prof. Williams a pioneer of Penile Prosthesis Surgery. Here Prof. Alessandro Natali performed penile prostheses implantations (rigid, semirigid and hydraulic penile prostheses) with forefront surgical techniques.
In 1999 he was as resident at University of California (San Francisco,USA) to the following Hospitals:
* “Mt. Zion Andrological Medical Center” to Prof. Lue a pioneer of Surgery of male genitals and erectile dysfunction
* “San Francisco General Hospital” to Prof. Mc Aninch a pioneer of Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery of the lower uro-genital system.
* “San Francisco Male Reproductive Department” to Prof. Turek a pioneer of Microsurgery of male infertility.
In these Worldwide Centers for uro-andrological diseases Prof. Alessandro Natali performed reconstructive and plastic surgery of male genitals (lenghthening and girth enlargement phalloplasty for penile hypoplasia and penile dysmorphophobia). Then here he performed also penile surgery for Peyronie’s Disease, congenital anomalies of the penis and penile reconstruction with forefront surgical techniques.
The scientific activity of Prof. Alessandro Natali (Impact Factor 257.98 ) includes more than 350 articles in the most important urological and andrological international peer-reviewed journals, including: , , , , ,, , and others.
Prof. Alessandro Natali has authored or co-authored more than 25 books and book chapters on uro-andrological diseases and surgery. Below are reported some titles:
* Textbook of Endocrinology 1988
* Management of Male Infertility 1989
* Microsurgery of Male Infertility 1994
* Diabetes and Andrology 1996
* Induratio Penis Plastica : State of the art 1998
* Guidelines on Varicocele 1999
* Varicocele: State of the art 2000
* Penile Diseases 2001
* Drugs and Erectile Dysfunction 2002
* Textbook of Andrology 2005
* Textbook of Andrological Surgery 2006
* Male Sexuality : History, Culture, Medicine 2007
* The Penis this unknown 2015 http://ilmiolibro.kataweb.it/libro/medicina-e-salute/124498/il-pene-questo-sconosciuto/
Prof. Alessandro Natali , as Permanent Member of International Scientific Uro-Andrological Board, is currently invited to speak to National and International Congresses of Urology and Andrology (USA, GB, France, Brazil, Germany, Australia). He serves as member of the board of several national and international societies:
International and European Society for Sexual Medicine (, )
Since 1998 weekly Prof. Alessandro Natali takes a television programme (at TVR Tele Italia) on uro-andrological topics.
Other collaborations: on the website "Gravidanza Online" (www.gravidanzaonline.it) under the section "Il medico risponde".
Prof. Alessandro Natali lives and works currently in Florence (Italy)
Director of “Uro-Andrological Center” Department of Urology University of Florence (Italy)
Director of “Uro-Andrological Center Leonardo da Vinci” Flrence (Italy)
areas of interest
- Male Infertility
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Medical Treatments of Erectile Dysfunctions
- Surgical Treatments of Erectile Dysfunction
- Penile Prosthesis
- Ejaculatory Disorders
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Prostate Cancer
- Peyronie's Disease
- Congenital Penile Curvature
- Reconstructive Surgery of Male Genitals
- Sexual Transmitted Diseases (STD)
- Testicular Torsion
- Genital Trauma
- Penile Cancer
- Testicular Cancer